Friday, October 19, 2012

PowerPoint as an Interactive Teaching Tool

PowerPoint is on every computer in this college and every college I have worked with. Students, faculty, and staff use and abuse it every day. Those of you who know me know that I am not particularly an advocate of commercial technology but it is a tool that is being used for teaching and learning. When I am wearing my instructional designer's cap, I have to think about the best uses of any tool. Here is a presentation I gave on PowerPoint:



Edward Tufte is a personal hero of mine. I think his critiques of PowerPoint are valid. But PowerPoint is just a tool. Tools don't make bad presentations; people with tools do. Here are some more resources from today's presentation:

PowerPoint Resources for Beginners

Basics

Hosting Presentations Online
Resources from Workshop
Further Reading
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment