Friday, October 28, 2011

Jim Groom: The Wild Man of OER Made My Year

I was at the Open Education 2011 conference this week and David Wiley had the good sense to invite Jim Groom in to rattle cages and shake the chains. I have been reading his stuff for sometime. You can follow him on twitter here and his blog is always worth reading, but it is really a whole other experience to meet him in person. As a distance education director, I almost never say that. He is the favorite exuberant uncle who occasionally breaks the furniture. His mind is clear but his soul is mad. and here he is at his Dionysian best:



We need folks like Jim to remind us that there are political consequences to our choices and that passion matters.
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. Geoff,

    It was a pleasure to finally meet you, and thanks for the "Wildman of OER" tag, I am already hearing that in my daily life ;) I think it is time to do a motorcycle tour around the US, are you game?

    ReplyDelete