Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Second Life for Educators

The above is a link to a presentation that I put together that discusses Second Life and teaching. As an instructional designer, I am trying to wrap my head around how this fits into the course design process. In all of my work, teaching and course development, I am interested in how interactivity is built into a course. Whenever I look at a course the first thing I think is: how are the students going to interact with the course materials, the instructor, and one another. I am putting together three presentations that focus on the pedagogy of virtual environments. This is the first. I am saving the "how to get cool hair" tutorials for YouTube and working on the boring stuff (teaching situations that do not immediately require a light saber).

No comments:

Post a Comment