Sunday, December 09, 2007

"You got Drupal in my Second Life!" "You got Second Life in my Drupal!" | Social Signal

"You got Drupal in my Second Life!" "You got Second Life in my Drupal!" | Social Signal

Rob Cottingham at Social Signal wrote a brief posting on the Second Life Framework project. This allows interaction between Drupal and Second Life. I work as a consultant for the Tacoma Challenge which is using the open source content management system Drupal as its platform. We are also using Second Life in the nursing program. This new module is exactly what companies like Blackboard have been looking for: a way to get projects and scripts in Second Life to speak to programs and databases outside of SL. Blackboard offered a $25,000 prize for anyone who could do this in Bb. I think it is extremely typical, funny, and ironic that the ones who do it first are the open source community. The state board in WA has just purchased an island in SL to host projects at the various community and technical colleges. This integration of Drupal and SL will certainly be on that list of projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment